Blogger Layouts

Friday, April 1, 2011

Life... Why me?

When I was innocent easy to sway,
you tore me down; I lost my way.
When I was hurting, ready to break,
you made me as if I was a mistake.
When I was eager and willing ready to try,
you pushed me down and made me cry.
When I was strong and nearly unstoppable,
you found my weakness and made it possible.
When I was bruised broken and sore,
you made the pain a whole lot more.
Now that I'm swollen, hurting and in pain,
there's not much hope left for you to drain.
Now that I've quit trying and stop wanting to soar,
I can't imagine a pain that would hurt more.
Now as I'm sitting forced in the sidelines of life,
my driven qualities are lost; failure stabs me like a knife.
As I see my friends succeeding in everything they do,
I feel a wave of hurt run through me in a form brand new.
While life was busy stepping on me,
It let everyone else run wild, crazy and free...

2 comments:

Puggsoy said...

Good poem. Sad subject.

But yeah, I know what you mean. I do feel like that sometimes. Everybody does. It just doesn't seem like that when it happens to you, you just feel like the unluckiest person ever.
You'll feel better later.

Anyway, it was a good written poem.

Adarsh Rao said...

....You actually wrote that?..... It's amazing to be honest....to be able to write out your thoughts in a poetic way isn't something most people can do....