Blogger Layouts

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Religion, something to believe in...

I used to be Mormon. That was my religion. I used to read my scriptures and go to church. I used to, but I don't now. I just took thirty minutes thinking about what happened to all my faith, and then I suddenly realized it all happened when my dad passed. I always thought if something bad were to happen to me, the church would be there for me, but all they did was give me a bracelet. They didn't really reach out to me. All they said was go back to church, and come to young woman's. I was suffering the death of my dad and they wanted me to go pretend I was happy? I mean never once did a leader or even a friend come by my house and ask what was my dad like. They never once sat me down and asked me how I was doing.
How am I supposed to want to go sit next to people every Sunday that don't even care about me? I'm not just saying this about Mormons either. I'm saying this about every religion. How can people dedicate themselves to becoming more like God, yet they fail to reach out to those who are really in need? In fact, they tore me down. I had some people tell me that because my dad did not go to church every Sunday that he was rotting in Hell. Then when I did try to go back everyone stared at me and asked me why I wasn't wearing a dress or a skirt like that was the most important thing they could have asked me right then.
I just wish someone would have reached out to me so that at times like right now I could say that I had something to believe in.

1 comment:

Arundhati said...

Just came across your blog. And I could see the honesty in your writings. Following you! :)

Glad that I found you! :)

Love.
http://inthepourinrain.blogspot.in/