Blogger Layouts

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Track Meets + The Dance

This week has kinda been an interesting week.
As we all know last week during spring break I was sick that entire week. So, on Monday Gary said he didn't want me going to the varsity meet because I was sick. So, he said I could go to the junior varsity meet on Wednesday. (To be honest I was happy I wasn't going to the varsity meet because I don't think I'm that good.) So, my parents came to my meet on Wednesday and I just wanted to run the 800 meter and man I was really feeling the pressure with my parents coming. The race started, and I don't know what went over me! I just ran and ran and ran and before I knew it I was in first place and on the last 100 meters of my run. I picked up my speed and ran as fast as I could and before I knew it I was past the finish line and had taken first place. Besides the fact I tripped over the finish line and caught my self I thought I did pretty good. :D When I was all cooled off I walked up to my parents and they were so happy! My mom said that I was like 40 feet ahead of the girl in second place. GO ME! I ran 800meters in 2 minutes and 46 seconds. (My first time running it was 2 minutes and 53 seconds.)
So, because I ran so well on Wednesday it qualified me to run on varsity on Friday. (Yesterday) I got fourth place and was booted to run with the "big dogs". I cut two seconds off my time. Yaya me!
I also, would just like to point out that Jordan is an awsome friend! Not only while I was sick she brought me over soup, BUT she stayed yesterday to watch me run when she could have gone home earlier. Then, she tolerated me at the dance.
AND THE DANCE WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! I can't tell you why depending on who you are, BUT if you really want to know give me a call and I'll tell you. :D Cause, a guy that I really like was there are he was so sweet.

1 comment:

Adarsh Rao said...

This one is coming a year late...but...congratulations for coming first :)