Blogger Layouts

Monday, January 10, 2011

Drinking.

Hey Everyone,
I was taking a break from homework, when I saw a commercial about alcohol on the TV. It reminded me of my history class today when a boy next to me and his friend were talking about wasting all their money on getting drunk last weekend. They were laughing and talking about how great it was.
Now, really I shouldn't be one to judge considering I have victimized myself by cutting, and I am all for individuality, but I am against Drinking. Drinking doesn't give you individuality. Trust me. Watching my dad drink and drive while I was in the truck was the scariest thing ever. I watched as him transform from this caring, loving, and great dad to this ball of anger, (maybe that's where my anger comes from) abusive, and crazy man whom I didn't even know. I learned from my dad's mistake that it takes away WHO you are. It doesn't MAKE you.
Of course, If I would have spoken up not only would they have thought I was a freak, but also they would have not understood. I know this is such a random post, but I felt it was an important thing to talk about. For me at least. I am trying not to hold back when I write in my blog, because there is a lot of things I need to get out. I figure this is a positive way to do it.
I hope that some of the things I write will help build you all up instead of tear you down. I hope you all learn from my anger, and experiences rather than be offend by it. I really don't mean to hurt you guys or judge you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I completely agree. I know a lot of people who completely transform once they've had a few bottles, and it is not pretty. And it has such a negative effect on everyone else as well. Sigh.

Puggsoy said...

You are absolutely right! I'm not offended in any way whatsoever. Drinking alcohol is horrible. I'm not planning on taking a drop in my life, if I can help it.
However, I can understand why some people do it. What I make of it, is that it pretty much takes away your ability to be rational, and thus you have no worries or problems. Plus, it makes you feel "cool".

But, that's no reason to drink. It wastes money, damages your brain (I think), gives you a hangover, gets you in trouble (for under 18s), hurts people, and even gets people killed. Now tell me, when you weigh up the odds, which side has more effect?

Indeed, it's good that you have this point of view. There aren't many people I know who share my opinion about this, but you sure do.

Anonymous said...

I have an award for you at my blog, so please go ahead and check it out. Love ya. <3

Jordan LaBar said...

I agree kacee!! :)

Ama B. said...

wow. You're a deep thinker. Kudo's to you for that.
I like your point of view and your blog. Keep it up.
Check my blog out at
http://the-writing-junkie.blogspot.com/
if you have some time