Blogger Layouts

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Snowboarding + stupid hips = Great Boyfriend

I went snowboarding today with Chris. He picked me up. A little bit late, but hey better late then never. We went boarding and right when I got off the lift I went straight into panic mode. I don't know why. I snowboarded all the time back home. In fact, I went every weekend in the winter time, but today was different. I was just scared.


Possibly because one of my soon to be cousins had died sledding from hitting his head on a rock.

Either way, I was in panic. I tried to blow it off, tried to be the fun careless girl Chris wants me to be with, but I can't. I used to be, but it just isn't working anymore. Probably because in these last couple years I learned about how careless, and magic less the world is. Each time down the panic got worse... Chris really really wanted to take me on a trail called snake... yeah the name of it... just...

Anyways... We went through this not so powder powder... in fact it was freaking hard. I hit an indent in the hard powder and it jerked my hips... My stupid hips... you know... the ones I had to go to physical therapy for. The ones I was on 7 pills a day for between the anti inflammatory, and the steroids. I should have told him "no"... but then the fun girlfriend he wanted popped into my head and I wanted to go...
The snake trail had a drop off to start... then a little jump and quick turn... great idea Hun! Especially after I had jerked my hips so hard... I went off the jump, and into the trees... It wasn't the hitting the tree that hurt... It was the twisting to get out of it that killed my hip...
Yeah...
It hurt so bad, I was so embarrassed I just wanted to sit there and cry. Of course, me being the stubborn person I am didn't want to fall into my boyfriends arms and cry... Instead I said "go down, I just want to sit here. "
But... or course he was a sweet heart and refused to go... something about not leaving his girlfriend up there, and that he felt bad... I don't really know. I was just too focused on not crying considering my hip was killing me. He stayed what a good little boyfriend. But, I still had the rest of the hill to go, and all I wanted to do was sit there. We made it to the lodge and I waited for my hip to stop hurting... kind of... then I lied and told him I wanted to keep going. He read me. We ended up sitting there. He could have gone... in fact i told him too, and yet he stayed...
man I like that boy with great intensity.

No comments: